We repair all types of windshields in all makes and models. Whether you are restoring a vehicle, having trouble finding the right windshield for your classic beauty, or have an exotic car we can fix and replace them all. It’s our attention to detail and respect for your vehicle that makes us one of the best in the business. We are very passionate about cars and are fully insured.
Auto Glass Replacement
In general most chips and cracks can be repaired, but depending on the extent of the damage your windshield may need to be replaced. Your qualified technician at The Windshield Guy can evaluate your damage and give you a fair and honest opinion on the best course of action.
There are several factors to consider when determining whether a windshield can be repaired or needs to be replaced.
- Size – Cracks larger then a dollar bill are harder to repair. Each case is assessed on an individual basis.
- Type – Typically if a crack can be covered by a quarter it can be repaired. Combination cracks are the most difficult to repair especially if there are multiple cracks.
- Depth – The deeper the crack the better chance it can become contaminated with dirt. Very contaminated cracks cannot be repaired.
- Location – Cracks along or near the edge of a windshield can compromise the integrity of the glass. If passenger safety is questioned, the windshield cannot be repaired.
Auto Glass Repair
It is almost inevitable that our windshields will get a chip or crack sometime in it’s life, but not all damage means replacing the entire windshield. Here at The Windshield Guy our technicians can assess the damage and make your repair on-site. Using the best techniques and materials in the business, our mobile service will meet you at your location to repair the chip or crack to prevent further damage.
There are four major types of rock chips:
- Bull’s-eye Break – A round shape, like a bull’s-eye on a dartboard, which is easily fixed if caught early.
- Star Break – This star-shaped crack can spread across your windshield. It can become problematic if not repaired immediately.
- Half Moon – A semi-circle crack and much like a bull’s-eye break; it can be repaired with ease if caught early.
- Combination Break – A mix of a bulls-eye and star breaks. This type is the most difficult to repair because the break often has missing chunks of glass.